Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Where Have All the Golfers Gone?

Aspen Glen Golf Club has not been exempt (and as an employee neither have I) of the affects of the economic decline. I've been back a week and have only worked two days so far. The tee sheet is strangely devoid of yellow highlighter marks indicating golfers who have shown up for their tee time. Several people I used to see all the time last year I've found are no longer members. Depending on the member though, it's not an entirely bad thing.
I suppose I do have the option of sitting around and worrying or complaining about my lack of work and a few other not-so-ideal-for-the-employee changes being made to the Club. But instead, I thought what better thing to do than to take advantage of playing for free the perfectly good golf course that none of the members seem to be able to afford anymore? So that's what my friend Lisa and I did today. Can't let it go to waste can we?

Lisa setting up on # 6 with Mt. Sopris in the background



Tee box on #7. From this hole you hit off of hill down on to the fairway.


Me lining up the putt on #7 green


Sinking the putt :)


Retrieving the ball from its 'home'




No comments:

Post a Comment